What exactly is Pilates?
Pilates is a holistic training concept that aims to strengthen the deep abdominal, back and pelvic floor muscles. It combines elements of yoga, gymnastics and ballet and emphasizes proper alignment, conscious breathing and precise, flowing movements. Pilates can be done on a mat or with specialized equipment such as balls and rollers.
It improves body strength, flexibility, coordination, posture and balance. Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and can also be used for rehabilitation or injury prevention.
What are the benefits of Pilates training?
Pilates is a highly recommended exercise method that offers numerous benefits for the body and mind. Here are some reasons why you should do Pilates:
• Holistic training: Pilates aims to train the body as a whole. It doesn't just focus on isolated muscle groups, but works to improve
strength, flexibility, coordination and posture simultaneously.
• Muscle building and body toning: Pilates exercises aim to strengthen the deep abdominal, back and pelvic floor muscles.
This improves muscle strength and definition, resulting in a more toned and slim appearance.
• Improving posture: Pilates emphasizes proper alignment and balance of the body. By training the core muscles and consciously
controlling posture, back problems are reduced and a more upright posture is promoted.
• Increasing flexibility: Pilates involves flowing movements that help improve flexibility and agility. Regular exercise increases
joint mobility and makes muscles more supple.
• Stress reduction and relaxation: Pilates promotes conscious breathing and a focus on the body and the movements. This calms
the mind, reduces stress and promotes a sense of relaxation and well-being.
• Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention: Pilates can be an effective method for rehabilitation after injury or for injury prevention.
The controlled movements and targeted muscle training help strengthen muscles, improve stability and aid rehabilitation.
Pilates is a versatile exercise method that offers a variety of benefits. Whether you want to keep your body fit, improve your posture, or recover from injury, Pilates is a worthwhile choice.
Pilates with exercise equipment: For more variation in training
The integration of exercise equipment into Pilates training offers numerous benefits. It allows for a greater variety of exercises and variations, challenges stability and balance, enables targeted muscle strengthening, improves posture and alignment, expands range of motion, and supports rehabilitation and injury prevention.
The use of exercise equipment makes Pilates training more varied, effective and focused, resulting in improved muscle strength, flexibility, posture and balance.
How can Pilates accessories be integrated into the training?
There are several ways to incorporate exercise equipment into your Pilates workout. Here are some common methods:
• Supplement with exercise balls: Use an exercise ball for support or to increase the intensity of certain Pilates exercises.
For example, exercises such as bridges or abdominal crunches can be performed on the ball to improve stability and balance.
• Use of rollers: Use rollers, also known as foam rollers, to add extra challenge and stability to exercises. For example, you can
perform exercises for core stabilization or to massage and loosen muscles with the roller.
• Integrating elastic bands or tubes: Elastic bands or tubes can be integrated into Pilates exercises to increase resistance
and specifically strengthen the muscles. They can be used for arm, leg or core exercises.
• Combining equipment and mat exercises: You can combine Pilates with equipment with traditional Pilates mat exercises
to create a varied and holistic workout session. For example, Pilates mat exercises can be modified with the use of balls or rollers.
It is important to use exercise equipment according to the instructions of a qualified Pilates instructor or trainer. They can ensure that the equipment is used correctly and the exercises are performed correctly to ensure maximum results and safety.
What accessories are available from TOGU for Pilates equipment training?
At TOGU, you'll find a variety of accessory products designed specifically for Pilates training. Here are some examples:
• Gym balls: TOGU offers various sizes and styles of exercise balls that are ideal for Pilates exercises. These balls can be used
to improve stability, balance and body control.
• Rollers: TOGU also provides rollers that serve as support for Pilates exercises and help improve posture, activate muscles
and relieve tension.
• Balance Pillows: TOGU offers balance cushions that create an unstable sitting sensation, intensifying core training and
balance during Pilates.
• Pilates Balls: TOGU offers special Pilates balls that are smaller and firmer than traditional exercise balls. They are ideal for
Pilates exercises that require precision and control.
• Massage balls and fascia rollers: These products from TOGU can be used for self-massage and muscle loosening after a
Pilates workout. They help to release tension and promote recovery.
Frequently asked questions about Pilates equipment training
What are the advantages of equipment training in Pilates compared to training on the mat?
Equipment training allows for a greater variety of exercises, offers more resistance, and allows for targeted strengthening of specific muscle groups.
Are Pilates machines suitable for beginners?
Yes, Pilates equipment can be used by both beginners and advanced students. The level of difficulty can be adjusted accordingly.
How often should you do the apparatus training in Pilates?
It is recommended to do the equipment training two to three times a week to make good progress.
Do you need special previous knowledge to do the Pilates equipment training?
No, but instruction by a qualified trainer is recommended to learn how to perform the exercises correctly.
Can Pilates equipment training help with rehabilitation after injury?
Yes, equipment training can be supportive in rehabilitation by providing a controlled environment for targeted exercise and strengthening.
Are the Pilates machines space-saving and suitable for home use?
There are different sizes and models of Pilates equipment, some of which are compact and suitable for home use.
What areas of the body can be targeted with equipment training in Pilates?
The equipment training enables targeted strengthening of the trunk muscles, legs, arms and back.
Are the Pilates machines suitable for people of all ages?
Yes, Pilates equipment training can be adapted to individual needs and fitness levels, making it suitable for people of all ages.